Entry and stay conditions in The Islands of Tahiti
Updated on January, 14th 2022
Please find below the protocol for entry and stay in The Islands of Tahiti with stopover or transit in the United States and the protocol for entry and stay in The Islands of Tahiti from Honolulu and Los Angeles for US residents.
PRIOR TO BOARDING
Important: registration on www.etis.pf must be filled between 30 and the day of departure. For other travelers, a boarding authorization must also be granted from the High Commissioner. The www.etis.pf is the gateway for both documents.
All passengers are subject to a fee upon arrival to cover part of the costs associated with Covid 19 health measures. This fee covers the processing of administrative and sanitary requests, Etis procedures, arrival tests, and tracing of passengers disembarking in French Polynesia. Upon obtaining your Etis receipt, travelers will be required to pay a flat fee. The amount of the fee will be tiered according to the type of traveler:
- 5000 XPF: Vaccinated travelers age 12 and over
- 12 000 XPF : unvaccinated travelers age 12 and over
- Minors between 6 and 11 years old (include):
- 5000 XPF if they are traveling with a fully vaccinated adult or legal guardian
- 12 000 XPF if they are traveling with an unvaccinated adult or legal guardian
Exemption for travelers less than 6 years old; students residing in French Polynesia; persons getting back to French Polynesia after a medical evacuation or their travel companion(s)
Travelers will have to pay this fee online when they apply on the www.etis.pf platform. Possibility of reimbursement of the health package linked to the ETIS certificate to come to French Polynesia in case of cancellation or postponement of the trip, upon request (written/email), within a period of three months, upon production of supporting documents (receipted invoice and ETIS receipt).
Clarifications regarding pre-boarding tests
Three options concerning the RT-PCR or antigenic test (negative to Covid-19) requested from vaccinated travelers before boarding:
- OPTION 1: Presentation of a RT-PCR taken within the previous 24 hours, which is negative before boarding (recommended option).
OPTION 2: Presentation of a negative antigen test taken within the previous 24 hours and a RT-PCR test taken within the previous 2 days.
OPTION 3: Presentation of a negative antigen test taken within the previous 24 hours and an obligatory RT-PCR test upon arrival at the expense of the traveler (26 250 XPF) from January 10, 2022. Pending the results of this test, it is requested that travelers strictly respect barrier gestures and avoid any non-essential contact.
On arrival in Tahiti, all travelers are subject to additional tests carried out by the authorities.
The results are sent within a maximum of 72 hours by email.
Travelers retrieve their results from their email addresses.
These results may be demanded at any time by the local authorities.
Failure to present may result in a sanction or a fine.
In this context, it is important that travelers enter, in their ETIS form, a correct email address to which they have access during their stay.
Tour operators and travel agencies are requested to take this information into account in the event that they complete the ETIS form for the visitors.
CONDITIONS OF MOVEMENT WITHIN THE ISLANDS OF TAHITI
- The curfew is now lifted on all the archipelagos.
- It is no longer mandatory to wear a mask outdoors.
INTRODUCTION OF A HEALTH PASS
What is a Health Pass?
A Health Pass is the evidence of your health credentials presented in digital or printed format. It will be required for people over 12 years old and 2 months old and will be applied under the exact same conditions for residents and international visitors staying in The Islands of Tahiti.
How to obtain a Health Pass ?
You will need to present one of the following health evidence among the three following ones:
- A certificate of vaccination against COVID-19 issued by the country of origin, presenting a full vaccination status
- To date, 5 vaccines are authorized in France: Pfizer/BioNTech; Moderna; AstraZeneca/Vaxzevria/Covishield; Johnson & Johnson; Sinopharm/Sinovac
- Evidence of a negative test taken no more than 24 hours prior.
– Check the list of available testing centers
– Check the list of drugstores performing COVID-19 antigenic tests and providing certificates of results.
- A certificate of recovery or a certificate of positive test (issued by a competent health authority), dated at least 11 days and less than 6 months ago.
Please note that :
- For French nationals including Polynesian residents, they can use the TousAntiCovid application.
- EU nationals with an EU digital COVID certificate accepted in France do not need to convert their Pass.
For which activities is the Health Pass applicable?
- Air and sea transportation from Tahiti and Moorea to the outer islands as of November 22, 2021. (It will not be applicable for travel between Tahiti and Moorea).
- Discotheques, night clubs and dance halls as of December 1, 2021.
- Cultural, artistic and festive events organized in establishments open to the public or open air events as of December 1st, 2021.
- Trade fairs and exhibitions with more than 50 exhibitors as of December 1st, 2021.
- Hospitals and clinics for visitors and patients with scheduled care as of December 1st, 2021.
CONDITIONS OF DEPARTURE
For the USA : Antigenic test can be done at the ILM test center at the airport or in Papeete or in the drugstores listed below.
For Canada: RT-PCR test can be done at the ILM test center at the airport or in Papeete.
List of Drugstores performing Covid-19 antigen tests and providing certificates of results: Click here
Opening hours of the testing center at Tahiti Faa’a International Airport and at the (ILM) Fare Covid (antigenic tests and RT-PCR tests): Click here
The updated entry and stay conditions are available below and also published on the Tahiti Tourism website and are subject to modifications.
Protocol for entry and stay in The Islands of Tahiti with stopover or transit in the United States :
Protocol for entry and stay in The Islands of Tahiti from Honolulu and Los Angeles for US residents: