Entry and stay conditions in The Islands of Tahiti
Updated on October, 24th 2021
VACCINATED TRAVELERS AND IMMUNE BY PREVIOUS COVID-19 INFECTION:
- Travelers having stayed at least 15 days in a French territory (except Guyana), in the United Kingdom or the United States or in a country of the green-zone, prior to departure to French Polynesia.
- Deadlines to be respected between full anti-COVID 19 vaccination and departure:
- 7 days for Pfizer, Moderna, and AstraZeneca vaccines
- 28 days for the Janssen vaccine
Details concerning vaccinated and immunized travelers
Travelers are considered immunized if they have:
- Contracted Covid-19 and received at least one dose of vaccine between 2 and 6 months after contracting Covid-19*
- Contracted Covid-19 more than 15 days after receiving at least one dose of vaccine
*For travelers immune by previous COVID infection: proof document can be a dated positive test result or a medical certificate by a doctor + proof of vaccination for 1 shot
Travelers are considered fully vaccinated if they received:
- Comirnaty vaccine (Pfizer): 2 doses
- Moderna vaccine: 2 doses
- AstraZeneca/Vaxzevria vaccine: 2 doses
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine: 1 dose
- A mix of these authorized vaccines is also accepted
- Unvaccinated travelers
- Vaccinated travelers coming from countries outside the green-zone (except the United Kingdom and the United States) and having stayed less than 14 days in a country of the green-zone before coming to French Polynesia.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILDREN:
- Unvaccinated children traveling with a parent or legal guardian who is:
- Vaccinated: no quarantine, 1 self-test at the airport + 2 self-tests (distributed upon arrival) to be done on day 4 and day 8 which are to be deposited at their accommodation or in a dedicated health center
- Unvaccinated: compulsory 10-day quarantine along with a parent or legal guardian in TAHITI ONLY + 1 self-test at the airport + 2 self-tests (distributed upon arrival) to be done on day 4 and day 8 which are to be deposited at their accommodation or in a dedicated health center
- Unvaccinated children traveling alone (UM):
- Compulsory 10-day quarantine along with a parent or legal guardian in TAHITI ONLY + 1 self-test at the airport + 2 self-tests (distributed upon arrival) to be done on day 4 and day 8 which are to be deposited at their accommodation or in a dedicated health center
PRIOR TO BOARDING
Important: registration on www.etis.pf must be filled between 30 to 6 days the latest, prior to departure. For other travelers, a boarding authorization must also be granted from the High Commissioner. The www.etis.pf is the gateway for both documents.
All passengers are subject to a fee upon arrival to cover part of the costs associated with Covid 19 health measures. This fee covers the processing of administrative and sanitary requests, Etis procedures, arrival tests, and tracing of passengers disembarking in French Polynesia. Upon obtaining your Etis receipt, travelers will be required to pay a flat fee. The amount of the fee will be tiered according to the type of traveler:
- 5000 XPF : Vaccinated travelers age 12 and over
- 12 000 XPF : unvaccinated travelers age 12 and over
- Minors between 6 and 11 years old (include):
- 5000 XPF if they are traveling with a fully vaccinated adult or legal guardian
- 12 000 XPF if they are traveling with an unvaccinated adult or legal guardian
Exemption for travelers less than 6 years old; students residing in French Polynesia; persons getting back to French Polynesia after a medical evacuation or their travel companion(s)
Travelers will have to pay this fee online when they apply on the www.etis.pf platform. Possibility of reimbursement of the health package linked to the ETIS certificate to come to French Polynesia in case of cancellation or postponement of the trip, upon request (written/email), within a period of three months, upon production of supporting documents (receipted invoice and ETIS receipt).
Clarifications regarding pre-boarding tests
Two options concerning the RT-PCR or antigenic test (negative to Covid-19) requested from vaccinated travelers before boarding:
- The RT-PCR test must be performed less than 72 hours before your flight departure time to The Islands of Tahiti, regardless of the country of origin.
- The antigen test detecting the SARSCoV2 must be performed less than 48 hours before your flight departure time to The Islands of Tahiti, regardless of the country of origin.
All travelers must undergo an RT-PCR self-test upon arrival, regardless of their vaccination status.
CONDITIONS OF MOVEMENT WITHIN THE ISLANDS OF TAHITI
The measures concerning movement of people in The Islands of Tahiti applicable from Saturday, October 16, 2021:
- Curfew on the Society Islands including Bora Bora: 10pm to 4am
The certificate of movements during the curfew is available on the website of the High Commission.
List of drugstores performing Covid-19 antigen tests with certificate of result in The Islands of Tahiti: Click here
Here are the opening hours of the test center at Faa’a International Airport:
- Monday to Thursday – 7:30 am to 8 pm
- Friday – 7:30am to 3pm
- Saturday – 7:30am to 12pm and 3pm to 8pm
- Closed on Sunday
The updated entry and stay conditions are available below and also published on the Tahiti Tourism website and are subject to modifications.
See the entire protocol below.