Entry and stay conditions in The Islands of Tahiti
Updated on February, 3rd 2023
Please find below the protocol for entry and stay in The Islands of Tahiti with stopover or transit in the United States and the protocol for entry and stay in The Islands of Tahiti from Honolulu, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Noumea and Auckland.
In response to improving health conditions, the State and local authorities have further eased the requirements of entry into French Polynesia. See the official decree.
FOR TRAVELERS WITH A STOPOVER OR TRANSIT IN THE UNITED STATES
Travelers to French Polynesia with a stopover or transit in the United States, such as from Europe, must comply with the entry requirements of the U.S. authorities:
- Vaccinated travelers must present their proof of full vaccination schedule upon boarding;
- Unvaccinated travelers or travelers without a U.S. compliant vaccination schedule are not allowed to travel and transit the United States unless authorized exceptions (see Centers for Disease Control and Prevention list of exceptions) checked by the airlines upon boarding.
As of June 12, 2022, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will no longer require air passengers (vaccinated or not) traveling from a foreign country to the United States to show a negative COVID-19 viral test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before they board their flight.
FOR TRAVELERS DEPARTING FROM HONOLULU, LOS ANGELES, SAN FRANCISCO, SEATTLE, NOUMEA, AND AUCKLAND TO FRENCH POLYNESIA
- Travelers no longer have to complete any health formality before their arrival in The Islands of Tahiti, in France, or overseas, and the presentation of the health pass/proof of full vaccination schedule is no longer required, whatever the country or area of origin;
- The compelling reason is no longer required;
- Travelers are no longer required to present a certificate of non-contamination and a commitment to perform an antigenic test or a biological examination upon arrival on the national territory (tests are no longer required);
- Unvaccinated travelers are no longer required to perform tests to travel between mainland France and French Polynesia.
REMINDER: On departure from French Polynesia, travelers must comply with their country’s entry restrictions and be tested in some cases.
FOR TRAVELERS DEPARTING FROM CHINA TO FRENCH POLYNESIA
Due to the resurgence of Covid-19 in China, hereafter the rules applied to travelers from China to The Islands of Tahiti since January 5, 2023:
CONDITIONS OF MOVEMENT WITHIN THE ISLANDS OF TAHITI
- Wearing a mask is no longer be mandatory in public transport (airplanes, buses, boats) as well as in places open to the public, in establishments or for practicing activities.
- Wearing a mask is still be required in health care facilities.
List of Drugstores performing Covid-19 antigen tests and providing certificates of results: Click here
Opening hours of the testing center at Tahiti Faa’a International Airport and at the (ILM) Fare Covid (antigenic tests and RT-PCR tests): Click here
The updated entry and stay conditions are available below and also published on the Tahiti Tourism website and are subject to modifications.
Protocol for entry and stay in The Islands of Tahiti with stopover or transit in the United States :
Protocol for entry and stay in The Islands of Tahiti from Honolulu, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Nouméa, and Auckland.