Entry and stay conditions in The Islands of Tahiti
The entry and stay conditions in The Islands of Tahiti have been updated with the integration of Canada and the United States in the green zone, which implies the following changes in the definition of the two traveler profiles:
- Travelers having stayed at least 15 days in French territory (except Guyana) or in the United Kingdom or in a country of the green-zone (including the USA and Canada), prior to departure to French Polynesia.
- No more compelling reason to be justified to travel to Tahiti,
- Deadlines to be respected between full anti-COVID 19 vaccination and departure:
- 14 days for Pfizer, Moderna, and Astrazeneca vaccines
- 28 days for the Janssen vaccine
- Are included in this category :
- Unvaccinated travelers
- Travelers immune by previous COVID-19 infection
- Travelers having stayed less than 15 days in French territory (except Guyana), or in the United Kingdom or in a country of the green-zone (including the USA and Canada), prior to departure to French Polynesia.
- A compelling reason for travel still applicable (Health, Family, Work)
- Tourism is not a compelling reason for travel
- A 10-day quarantine is still applicable
REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILDREN:
- Children traveling with a parent or legal guardian who is vaccinated: The child must take 2 self-tests (distributed upon arrival) to be done on day 4 and day 8 which are to be deposited at their hotel or in a dedicated health center
- Children traveling with a parent or legal guardian who is unvaccinated: The child will be subject to a compulsory 10-day quarantine along with a parent or legal guardian in TAHITI ONLY with a requirement to take an RT-PCR test on day 4 and day 8 at the Louis Malardé Institute in Tahiti
Important: registration on www.etis.pf must be filled between 30 to 6 days the latest, prior to departure. For other travelers, a boarding authorization must also be granted from the High Commissioner. The www.etis.pf is the gateway for both documents.
As of July 20, 2021, all passengers will be subject to a fee upon arrival to cover part of the costs associated with Covid 19 health measures. This fee covers the processing of administrative and sanitary requests, Etis procedures, arrival tests, and tracing of passengers disembarking in French Polynesia. Upon obtaining your Etis receipt, travelers will be required to pay a flat fee. The amount of the fee will be tiered according to the type of traveler :
- 5 000XPF for vaccinated travelers 6 years and older and non-vaccinated children between 6 and 18 years old accompanying a vaccinated parent or legal guardian
- 12 000XPF for unvaccinated travelers 6 years and older
- People under 6 years old
- Student residing in French Polynesia – with supporting documents
- Person returning from medical evacuation – with supporting documents
- Accompanying person returning from a medical evacuation – with supporting documents
- Flight attendants and health professionals, residing in French Polynesia, traveling for their professional activity with a stopover outside of Tahiti less than or equal to 7 days.
Travelers will have to pay this fee online when they apply on the www.etis.pf platform.
Please note that travelers who have already completed their ETIS application and obtained their receipt will not have to do so again and are exempt from this payment.
ANTIGENIC TESTS AT DEPARTURE FROM TAHITI:
For passengers departing to the United States requiring a negative COVID-19 test prior to boarding, the test center at the Faa’a international airport is opened. The center is open on days when flights to the US are scheduled from 3 PM until 8 PM.