Entry and stay conditions in The Islands of Tahiti
The entry and stay conditions in The Islands of Tahiti have been updated with the integration of Canada and the United States in the green zone, which implies the following changes in the definition of the two traveler profiles:
- Travelers having stayed at least 15 days in French territory (except Guyana) or in the United Kingdom or in a country of the green-zone (including the USA and Canada), prior to departure to French Polynesia.
- No more compelling reason to be justified to travel to Tahiti,
- Deadlines to be respected between full anti-COVID 19 vaccination and departure:
- 14 days for Pfizer, Moderna, and Astrazeneca vaccines
- 28 days for the Janssen vaccine
- Are included in this category :
- Unvaccinated travelers
- Travelers immune by previous COVID-19 infection
- Travelers having stayed less than 15 days in French territory (except Guyana), or in the United Kingdom or in a country of the green-zone (including the USA and Canada), prior to departure to French Polynesia.
- A compelling reason for travel still applicable (Health, Family, Work)
- Tourism is not a compelling reason for travel
- A 10-day quarantine is still applicable
REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILDREN:
- Children traveling with a parent or legal guardian who is vaccinated: The child must take 2 self-tests (distributed upon arrival) to be done on day 4 and day 8 which are to be deposited at their hotel or in a dedicated health center
- Children traveling with a parent or legal guardian who is unvaccinated: The child will be subject to a compulsory 10-day quarantine along with a parent or legal guardian in TAHITI ONLY with a requirement to take an RT-PCR test on day 4 and day 8 at the Louis Malardé Institute in Tahiti
Important: registration on www.etis.pf must be filled between 30 to 6 days the latest, prior to departure. For other travelers, a boarding authorization must also be granted from the High Commissioner. The www.etis.pf is the gateway for both documents.
TESTS AT TRAVELER’S EXPENSE:
Tests upon arrival and during the stay are at the traveler’s expense. Rates are:
- 5 000XPF for vaccinated and immunized travelers
- 12 000XPF for other travelers
ANTIGENIC TESTS AT DEPARTURE FROM TAHITI:
For passengers departing to the United States requiring a negative COVID-19 test prior to boarding, the test center at the Faa’a international airport is opened. The center is open on days when flights to the US are scheduled from 3 PM until 8 PM.